The DoN’s Technology Transfer Program Office is located in Arlington, VA. It coordinates, directs, and manages DoN technology transfer in accordance with established policies and procedures. Working with technology transfer representatives at the DoN’s laboratories, the Program Office enhances the visibility of the DoN laboratories and the DoN Technology Transfer Program to those inside and outside the traditional DoD environment. It also cultivates collaboration between the laboratories and industry to promote efforts resulting in the transfer of DoN technology to the commercial sector. Specific responsibilities of the Program Office include:
- Coordinate with ONR Senior Leadership and ONR Legal Staff to institute policies under which DoN Laboratories are authorized to enter into Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs), Partnership Intermediary Agreements (PIAs), and Patent License Agreements.
- Promote DoN technology transfer successes and opportunities via newsletter articles and participation in regional and national meetings.
- Assist in recognizing technology transfer accomplishments through the Federal Laboratory Consortium’s National Technology Transfer and other awards programs.
- Collect and disseminate best practices to the DoN’s technology transfer community.
- Collect and disseminate information such as the CRADA Annual Report regarding the status of the DoN’s Technology Transfer Program.
- Conduct an annual workshop that brings technology transfer and legal professionals together.
Office of Naval Research
875 North Randolph Street, Arlington, VA 22203-1995
Send Us an Email